Hi Everyone! We came home to beautiful weather, tall trees, & Prop 8 :(...............Our son had spent several hundred dollars on 3 4x8 signs and they were defaced last night.....they say it is free speech.....
This is the second time that his signs have been vandalized. The first time the people were peeling the yes off. The signs are on private property. The neighbor saw the people doing it, they did it in the middle of the day! Anyway the neighbor told them they had no right to do that, and they said that it was their free speech?! To vandalize and trespass. The neighbor called my brother at work, and he sent his friend over to stop them. The people took off, and his friend tried to chase them, and go figure their car didn't have a licensce plate on it. Okay so I figure about three law breaking things there, and where did my brother break the law?!
I also heard a commercial this morning, saying that nothing will happen to the curriculum of schools if this passes etc, that it is wrong to use that argument etc. So if has nothing to do with schools, why did the teachers union donate 1 million dollars to the No on 8 campaign. In my mind that shows right there that it is going to affect our schools when they use their money to support it.
Through it all I feel so blest, that I have the Gospel, and can teach my children to have morals in a society where they are disappearing. That I can pray to a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers. That He has given us a Prophet in these latterdays to lead and guide us. I am grateful for my family and know that it is part of our Heavenly Fathers plan and will help me to return to Him. I feel now that it is only going to get harder in this world, but having a strong foundation will allow us to countinue on positive and strong.
6 comments:
After getting Mom's email I was trying to put my thoughts into words on the subject. I haven't been able to but you did it for me.
That is an excellent post, Krisha. I think you should send it to the newspaper. I would like to forward it to everyone in my address book.
My parents have to take their sign inside at night so that nobody will take it. It's sad that people don't respect others opinions the way they should. It will be really interesting to see how it all turns out.
Thanks Krish, I just got my e-mail from mom too and was thinking of posting it on my blog. I was just talkin gto mom about the same thing the other day. It is interesting that those of us who are in favor of Prop 8 leave other's signs alone and those who oppose it feel they need to vandalize.
It's so sad that people did that. Nic went to alot of work and money for those signs. I know, I was thinking the same thing about we haven't heard about NO on 8 signs being damaged. I agree with Joy, you should send it to the newspaper. The Union, and we'll see if they post it. Great post!!
I hate when people have to do that. We can't take it personal and move on. We are the bigger people anyways.
By the way, I tagged you. Check my blog for details.
Post a Comment